Wednesday, July 27, 2005

The Karma of Intention

I got an unexpected phone call recently from Shinzen Young. Shinzen is a renown meditation teacher that I happen to have the pleasure and honor of knowing. He is a lovable and down-to-earth man, with whom I have had the fortune to sit with on a number of occasions. He was in Los Angeles attending to a family matter, and he asked if I might cover his meditation program that he was to teach that Saturday. For some time, Shinzen has been offering free meditation programs to the employees of Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Foundation, and interested people from the community. Among his many audio publications, Shinzen is the author of an excellent introduction to meditation CD, and he recently published a book with a CD entitled Break Through Pain: A Step-by-Step Mindfulness Meditation Program for Transforming Chronic and Acute Pain. Shinzen has a website devoted to the dissemination of Vipassana meditation. Visit it at shinzen.org. As it turned out, one of Shinzen's main students led the retreat that day. I was honored to be asked, and as Shinzen said, I got the good karma for my intention. He teaches at Green Mountain on a regular basis. For more information contact them Anne at 802-244-5621 ext. 1333 or visit the website by clicking here.

No comments: